sábado, 16 de fevereiro de 2013

My Letter

"Hello !
My name is Patricia, I am 21 years old, and I live in a small city called Igaraçu do Tietê, in the State of São Paulo, BRAZIL. I am Brazilian, and I love my country! 
I live with my father Baltazar, my mother Maria, two brothers, Deric and Tiago, my grandmother Durvalina and two lovely dogs. 
I love my family, and I used to help my mom to take care of my brothers since I am a little girl. 
I am a funny and lively girl, that loves to read and to laugh. I am creative and responsible. 
My city is beautiful and calm, we have a river, and ships and a lot of nature. I like the peace that I have in here. But, I like the busy life too. I was born in São Paulo, the largest city of Brazil.

Here in my city the kids like to play on the street with their friends, and kites are the most popular toy here. My father has a Kite Store, and I used to help him at the store, and during my free time I like to play with the kites too! 
On the weekends, I like to meet my friends to have ice cream or to drink juice, and to walk by the river. Sometimes, I go out with my younger brother to roller skate or just to talk about life. 
When I can’t go out home, I like to play video games and online games, but books are my biggest passion. When I find a great story and have time, I can read all day long. I like fairytales’ and fantasy stories. My favorite book is Harry Potter.
 
I love arts and crafts too; I am creative, so I love to have my hands on an art project! To paint, to embroider, to sew.  To create is my hobby! 
I am studying Make Up Art- how to use make up products right and so on-, and I am loving it! I don’t like soo much to test the make up and the things I have learned on myself, but I enjoy helping other girls. And as soon as I can I will start to study to become a translator, that is the course I want to take at our University. 
I think that my studies are extremely important for my personal and my professional life, so I intend to keep myself always studying and learning. 

I want to be an Au Pair because when I found out about the Au Pair program, I fell in love! Be in America to take care of kids? It's is an awesome opportunity! I love kids, and taking care of them will be a great experience. I can grow up, improve my English, and know America by doing something that I love: taking care of kids.

I used to take care of a little and very smart Japanese girl, called Ana Laura. Now, she is 5 years old, but when I started, she was 2 years old. I took care of her on the weekends, I used to paint with her, to play "school" and to pretend that we were mom and daughter, and she would always choose to be the mother. Last year, her brother was born, and I helped Jessica, Ana Laura`s mother, to take care of little Miguel too. 
Now, in my family, I have 6 babies *-* My beloved cousin Tarin had a little girl called Isabelle, who is almost 3 years old, and a little baby girl called Leticia  who is 5 months old and I always help her to take care of the girls.
I had 2 little cousins too, with little more than 2 years old, a cute boy, called David that loves me a lot. He always cries when I leave his house, because he loves to play with me! 
And a beautiful girl called Beatriz, who is 3 years old. She likes to sing and to draw, and we always dance togheter and watch Dora. 
Beatriz and I play with her dolls, and we go to the pool. She loves the water like me. 
And Elise, a girl that i used to take care of. Now, she is 7 years old, but I started to take care of her when she was 4 years old.
I love to play with them!  
 
I think that a good Au Pair needs to be ready to become a part of the family, without forgetting that she has responsibilities and obligations with the host family. And a good family is the one that opens their house so the Au Pair feels like she is home. 
I am totally willing to learn and know more about your family, your country and your culture every day. And to share with my host family the good things that I know. I hope that my year as an Au Pair is one of the best years of my life, and I will work hard and give my best to make it happen. 

Thanks, and Best regards. 
Pati
"

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário